This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Phoenix Battalion Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is a PHX reset needed?
Yes, wipe it clean!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No, I like messy and confusing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Lyriata
blackweb
Colonel
Master of the Battalion

re: Phoenix Battalion Reset - 5/22/2016

It is time PHX (Phoenix Battalion)!

The time has come to wipe our Teamspeak server and our website and start over.  Both are a mess and need to be cleaned up so that they better serve our organization.   Here is what we plan to do:

1. Wipe the website, selecting a new theme and logo.  Submissions for background and logo are welcome, see the 

http://phoenixbattalion.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11169219&p=38636631&gid=93583#38636631

thread.

2.  Wipe the forums and start over.

3.  Wipe the roster and start over.

4.  Wipe the channels from the Teamspeak server and start over.

There may be some technical limitations to all of this.   I want as much input as we can get.  We will begging the process on 5/22/2016.   Some of you may lose permissions in Teamspeak or on the website.  Contact myself or SnowSheltie to get them back.  SnowSheltie will be the backup admin on the website and on teamspeak during this process.

The goal is to have a Teamspeak server and website that better serve our members.  Please respond to this thread with suggestions or create a new thread in the forums.   If you want to save anything, start saving it now.

Oh dear...  TS is very clean, and can be cleaned further as needed with no need to reset/wipe anything.  I spent days fixing the permissions to be properly setup and to avoid escalation.

Lyriata
blackweb
Colonel
Master of the Battalion

mpchebe wrote:

Oh dear...  TS is very clean, and can be cleaned further as needed with no need to reset/wipe anything.  I spent days fixing the permissions to be properly setup and to avoid escalation.

Permissions will not be wiped, only channels.

Sweet, sounds good... We have way too many channels! 

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Phoenix Battalion Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum