Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phoenix Battalion Forum Index -> Gaming Hardware, Build-your-own and Overclocking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyriata
blackweb
Colonel
Master of the Battalion

re: Increase FPS on Nvidia GPUs - Remove GeForce Experience

How to increase frame rates on Nvidia GPUs

1. Go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your GPU.  
  2. Go to Programs and Features or Apps & Features and uninstall all Nvidia applications and drivers.
  3. Open the System Control Panel > Advanced System Settings > Hardware then click Device and Installation Settings and disable automatic driver updates.
  4. [Optional]  Go to https://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion and download and install Treexy Driverfusion then use the Nvidia display removal option.
  5. Launch the Nvidia driver installer.  Select the Custom option
    • Uncheck GeForce Experience
    • Check Clean Installation
    • Install
  6. Open the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings and make sure taht DSR - Factors and DSR Smoothness are both turned off.

DO NOT INSTALL THE GEFORCE EXPERIENCE!  Here is why

http://forums.evga.com/What-do-you-think-of-Geforce-Experience-m2153170.aspx

In my experience, the GeForce Experience will kill your frame rates in most games if you use its "optimal" settings, especially if you are running Nvidia SLI.  I am seeting a 20%+ frame rate drop in ESO when using the GEForce optiomal settings.  

Well I have to disagree. Some of my games have become better optimised for the way I play, utilising both graphics vs performance, to maintain at least 35 fps in all of my titles. It was helpful for one click access, and also once click for updates. I don't know, maybe its because im not SLI.

Master of the Battalion

lightningpete wrote:

Well I have to disagree. Some of my games have become better optimised for the way I play, utilising both graphics vs performance, to maintain at least 35 fps in all of my titles. It was helpful for one click access, and also once click for updates. I don't know, maybe its because im not SLI.

Yup, GeForce Experience settings suck for SLI.

Jump to: